winter job list
Author
Post
Wed Dec 18 2013 02:09 PM
Bubblemaker
Rider

Bubblemaker

Joined:
May 20 2013
Location:
Posts:
145
Status:
Off Line
Hello!
http://cialisubz.com/ ,  , http://viagraqwiuu.com/ ,  , http://cialisyqre.com/ ,  , http://cialisrxss.com/ ,  , http://cialislfa.com/ ,  , edited by  at 2018-12-12 15:01:46

Wed Dec 18 2013 05:06 PM
tanygaer
The Boss

tanygaer

Joined:
Mar 07 2011
Location:
Posts:
8924
Status:
Off Line
And dont forget to ride it on the odd good day, you can guarantee the day the weather is suitable to ride you'll have some important bit off being serviced.

I am not a complete idiot -- some bits are missing not many
Thu Dec 19 2013 06:13 AM
Bubblemaker
Rider

Bubblemaker

Joined:
May 20 2013
Location:
Posts:
145
Status:
Off Line
Oh that's a given!

Thu Dec 19 2013 02:11 PM
captainbrian47
Rider

captainbrian47

Joined:
May 21 2011
Location:
Posts:
8168
Status:
Off Line
Bubblemaker wrote:


1. Forks off, sent away for re-chroming, then rebuilt with progressive springs.

OK!!! after I've posted this, I'll go and teach my Grandmother to suck eggs.:do:
There's a special tool for getting the springs in but can easily be done without it, using several methods...... no rocket science qualls needeed.

BUT......with the extra length of progressive springs :shock.......please take care!!!https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGzE_UJ57b0z8ny4RFFKNeYePcITw2mUmQ2Kb-aGtTY1s0RjR3http://www.signbuyer.co.uk/ekmps/shops/bracey77/images/mandatory-safety-sign-wear-visor-194-1253-p.jpg

Thu Dec 19 2013 03:20 PM
Bubblemaker
Rider

Bubblemaker

Joined:
May 20 2013
Location:
Posts:
145
Status:
Off Line
Thank you for your concern!
I thought progressives were slightly shorter than stock?

Thu Dec 19 2013 03:45 PM
captainbrian47
Rider

captainbrian47

Joined:
May 21 2011
Location:
Posts:
8168
Status:
Off Line
Bubblemaker wrote:

Thank you for your concern!

You're welcome :th
BTW......with those springs fitted, she'll be easier to up on the center stand :th
.....and easier for someone to knock her over :shock

Thu Dec 19 2013 03:47 PM
captainbrian47
Rider

captainbrian47

Joined:
May 21 2011
Location:
Posts:
8168
Status:
Off Line
Bubblemaker wrote:


I thought progressives were slightly shorter than stock?

You wish :cool:

Thu Dec 19 2013 07:56 PM
Diggerdave
Rider

Diggerdave

Joined:
Nov 03 2011
Location:
Posts:
3044
Status:
Off Line
captainbrian47 wrote:

Bubblemaker wrote:


I thought progressives were slightly shorter than stock?

You wish :cool:


Just fitted Progressives to my 1500 trike and my mates 1500 solo. I heard all sorts of horror stories about needing a couple of 18st mates to help you compress the new springs and you need to take off the screen so everyone can fit around the work area. This is a load of bull sh*t as I compressed the progressives on my own, weight   (15 stone) without any major headaches.

The OEM's with the 5" spacing tube are the same length as the Progressives. You just put in the Progressives without the spacer and tighten the caps down. It does take a bit of a push down but with your 17mm hex key + 15" extension bar and ratchet, it is quite doable by one 15 stone old guy :BG

The progressives lift your bike at the mirrors by app 2" and give an incredibly smoother ride than OEM's.  Now I just ride over manholes with my front wheels and straddle with my back wheels, absolutely unbelievable.

:coo:

Thu Dec 19 2013 11:02 PM
Bubblemaker
Rider

Bubblemaker

Joined:
May 20 2013
Location:
Posts:
145
Status:
Off Line
I already rebuilt my forks with the original springs,it was a mega PITA but i managed. Appreciate the comments and advice though... anybody have any hot tips for the lottery though?

Sat Dec 21 2013 03:29 AM
captainbrian47
Rider

captainbrian47

Joined:
May 21 2011
Location:
Posts:
8168
Status:
Off Line
Bubblemaker wrote:

anybody have any hot tips for the lottery though?

:BGhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-urAxmAEwh7I/UagV-oAyT8I/AAAAAAAAQZE/zUuNDppneHQ/s1600/funny-lottery-winners+(1).jpg

Sat Dec 21 2013 08:27 AM
Trike101
Rider

Trike101

Joined:
Nov 08 2012
Location:
Posts:
6145
Status:
Off Line
captainbrian47 wrote:

Bubblemaker wrote:

anybody have any hot tips for the lottery though?

:BGhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-urAxmAEwh7I/UagV-oAyT8I/AAAAAAAAQZE/zUuNDppneHQ/s1600/funny-lottery-winners+(1).jpg

Do you think the money might have something to do with it:BG:BG:BG


 


Sat Dec 21 2013 08:30 AM
Trike101
Rider

Trike101

Joined:
Nov 08 2012
Location:
Posts:
6145
Status:
Off Line
I think the lottery should be shared out more. The big prize is just too big sometimes and a lot of people would like the chance to win something.

Sat Dec 21 2013 09:19 PM
honda ken
Rider

honda ken

Joined:
May 25 2012
Location:
Posts:
4999
Status:
Off Line
Spot the millionairehttp://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/millionaire.jpg

Sat Dec 21 2013 09:20 PM
honda ken
Rider

honda ken

Joined:
May 25 2012
Location:
Posts:
4999
Status:
Off Line
[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Spot_469709_2171372.jpg[/img]

Sat Dec 21 2013 09:36 PM
honda ken
Rider

honda ken

Joined:
May 25 2012
Location:
Posts:
4999
Status:
Off Line
Diggerdave wrote:

captainbrian47 wrote:

Bubblemaker wrote:


I thought progressives were slightly shorter than stock?

You wish :cool:


Just fitted Progressives to my 1500 trike and my mates 1500 solo. I heard all sorts of horror stories about needing a couple of 18st mates to help you compress the new springs and you need to take off the screen so everyone can fit around the work area. This is a load of bull sh*t as I compressed the progressives on my own, weight   (15 stone) without any major headaches.

The OEM's with the 5" spacing tube are the same length as the Progressives. You just put in the Progressives without the spacer and tighten the caps down. It does take a bit of a push down but with your 17mm hex key + 15" extension bar and ratchet, it is quite doable by one 15 stone old guy :BG

The progressives lift your bike at the mirrors by app 2" and give an incredibly smoother ride than OEM's.  Now I just ride over manholes with my front wheels and straddle with my back wheels, absolutely unbelievable.

:coo:


Where did you purchase your springs mate :th

Sat Dec 21 2013 09:59 PM
Diggerdave
Rider

Diggerdave

Joined:
Nov 03 2011
Location:
Posts:
3044
Status:
Off Line
honda ken wrote:

Diggerdave wrote:

captainbrian47 wrote:

Bubblemaker wrote:


I thought progressives were slightly shorter than stock?

You wish :cool:


Just fitted Progressives to my 1500 trike and my mates 1500 solo. I heard all sorts of horror stories about needing a couple of 18st mates to help you compress the new springs and you need to take off the screen so everyone can fit around the work area. This is a load of bull sh*t as I compressed the progressives on my own, weight   (15 stone) without any major headaches.

The OEM's with the 5" spacing tube are the same length as the Progressives. You just put in the Progressives without the spacer and tighten the caps down. It does take a bit of a push down but with your 17mm hex key + 15" extension bar and ratchet, it is quite doable by one 15 stone old guy :BG

The progressives lift your bike at the mirrors by app 2" and give an incredibly smoother ride than OEM's.  Now I just ride over manholes with my front wheels and straddle with my back wheels, absolutely unbelievable.

:coo:


Where did you purchase your springs mate :th

They came in a box with the trike Ken but they are on ebay.

Just watch you buy genuine "Progressive" brand springs Ken, as there are a few pretenders out there.

Sun Dec 22 2013 03:40 PM
honda ken
Rider

honda ken

Joined:
May 25 2012
Location:
Posts:
4999
Status:
Off Line
Cheers Dave :th springtime project methinks :hs

Fri Mar 14 2014 06:19 PM
Bubblemaker
Rider

Bubblemaker

Joined:
May 20 2013
Location:
Posts:
145
Status:
Off Line
Quick update...

Forks were sent away and were rechromed, sliders were powder-coated, they look pretty good!

Starter motor rebuilt.

Waiting on new braided brake and clutch lines to arrive!

However I have a problem... when i went to change the timing belts, the Cam belt pulleys are 90 degrees out. there is no way to line up the TDC mark with the alignment marks on the pulley wheels. although the bike was running ok-ish before i started, is this undesirable but workable, or am i going to have to pull half the engine apart to to adjust the camshafts??

Any help, as always, greatly appreciated.

Alex

Fri Mar 14 2014 11:34 PM
Diggerdave
Rider

Diggerdave

Joined:
Nov 03 2011
Location:
Posts:
3044
Status:
Off Line
Could you not just find TDC with a probe through the plug hole as you know approximately where it is i.e. 90deg out.
:th

Sat Mar 15 2014 03:37 AM
Big Blue
Rider

Big Blue

Joined:
Jun 23 2013
Location:
Posts:
354
Status:
Off Line
Try this for exact alignment when timing marks are out, have done this for decades, never failed.

Photos courtesy of Goldwing Docs.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv175/Devilish_UK/timingbelts_zps2737ae17.jpg

Sat Mar 29 2014 01:14 PM
Bubblemaker
Rider

Bubblemaker

Joined:
May 20 2013
Location:
Posts:
145
Status:
Off Line
Good tip that. Unfortunately on further inspection, the reason it was running like crap is courtesy of 2 bent exhaust valves!

So I'm niw in the market fir a replacement head complete with valves, because its a lot less hassle than fitting new valves! Can anybody help?

Sat Mar 29 2014 02:02 PM
Big Blue
Rider

Big Blue

Joined:
Jun 23 2013
Location:
Posts:
354
Status:
Off Line
Sorry to here that.

Sat Mar 29 2014 02:08 PM
Bubblemaker
Rider

Bubblemaker

Joined:
May 20 2013
Location:
Posts:
145
Status:
Off Line
Big Blue wrote:

Sorry to here that.

So was I!!!

Thu Jan 18 2018 01:10 AM





Joined:
Location:
Posts:
Status:
Off Line



winter job list
Who Visited Today
2 Member(s) visited today
tanygaer, oldfart, 
Who is online currently
avatar
Currently there are 0 Members online and 73 Guests

Rider, Super Moderator, The Boss, 

The members online are :-