Trip to a far flung part of the universe
Author
Post
Wed Jul 04 2018 04:42 PM
tanygaer
The Boss

tanygaer

Joined:
Mar 07 2011
Location:
Posts:
8924
Status:
Off Line
Yeap this weekend the wife and I are off to the a small sparsely populated part of the universe known colloquially as Kilkhampton

Leaving Friday about midday and heading for Ross on Wye for the night and then down to Kilk in the morning

Saturday afternoon we are flipping burgers with some of the locals ( a peculiar breed ) and then Sunday home

Will get some photos especially of the wild life and post on our return

I am not a complete idiot -- some bits are missing not many
Thu Jul 05 2018 09:39 AM
kernowing
Rider

kernowing

Joined:
Oct 28 2012
Location:
Posts:
5279
Status:
Off Line
Hopefully it should be a little cooler but we're putting up gazebos to shade the burger flippers. There will be TWO big screen TV's for the foottie fans so we may not be as busy as some years!:coo:


Thu Jul 05 2018 03:37 PM
oldfart
Rider

oldfart

Joined:
Nov 18 2012
Location:
Posts:
3344
Status:
Off Line
tanygaer wrote:

Yeap this weekend the wife and I are off to the a small sparsely populated part of the universe known colloquially as Kilkhampton

Leaving Friday about midday and heading for Ross on Wye for the night and then down to Kilk in the morning

Saturday afternoon we are flipping burgers with some of the locals ( a peculiar breed ) and then Sunday home

Will get some photos especially of the wild life and post on our return



Safe journey Dave weather forecast is good.:sunDO NOT GO VIA MILKYWAY or you will be there before you left. Enjoy and will look forward to the photos.:th

Thu Jul 05 2018 03:45 PM
oldfart
Rider

oldfart

Joined:
Nov 18 2012
Location:
Posts:
3344
Status:
Off Line
kernowing wrote:

Hopefully it should be a little cooler but we're putting up gazebos to shade the burger flippers. There will be TWO big screen TV's for the foottie fans so we may not be as busy as some years!:coo:



Good luck Pete I'm sure all will go well,getting soft with having Gazebos :!!lol

hope you haven't got that B\\\\y awful band you had a couple of years ago :tap

Hope you make plenty of money for charity or whatever its in aid of.

Cheers and buy Dave and Les plenty of drink and put it on my tab :rolf

Cheers mate

Thu Jul 05 2018 03:54 PM
kernowing
Rider

kernowing

Joined:
Oct 28 2012
Location:
Posts:
5279
Status:
Off Line
oldfart wrote:

kernowing wrote:

Hopefully it should be a little cooler but we're putting up gazebos to shade the burger flippers. There will be TWO big screen TV's for the foottie fans so we may not be as busy as some years!:coo:



Good luck Pete I'm sure all will go well,getting soft with having Gazebos :!!lol

hope you haven't got that B\\\\y awful band you had a couple of years ago :tap

Hope you make plenty of money for charity or whatever its in aid of.

Cheers and buy Dave and Les plenty of drink and put it on my tab :rolf

Cheers mate



Gotta have a gazebo buddy to keep the sun off my tender skin :sun

Samba band got the heave-ho after your last visit I think!:$b

As for the Tab, I'll do that mate, just let me have your bank card number and I'll make sure you get a receipt:BG

Thu Jul 05 2018 04:29 PM
tanygaer
The Boss

tanygaer

Joined:
Mar 07 2011
Location:
Posts:
8924
Status:
Off Line


(¬¬sp

The beers are on Ray that’s great thanks Ray


I am not a complete idiot -- some bits are missing not many
Thu Jul 05 2018 06:09 PM
oldfart
Rider

oldfart

Joined:
Nov 18 2012
Location:
Posts:
3344
Status:
Off Line


No problem Dave whenever you or Les go to the bar just mention my name and put on my Tab lol

Have a great time

Ride Safe both

edited by oldfart at 2018-07-05 18:10:12

Thu Jul 05 2018 06:12 PM
oldfart
Rider

oldfart

Joined:
Nov 18 2012
Location:
Posts:
3344
Status:
Off Line


Samba Band :.:omg I’m still having nightmares

Have a great weekend

Love to Jen

Cheers

Fri Jul 06 2018 05:14 PM
tanygaer
The Boss

tanygaer

Joined:
Mar 07 2011
Location:
Posts:
8924
Status:
Off Line


Ride started out ok until we got to the Craven Arrms when the A49 was then closed due to an accident the reroute lengthen the ride by ) miles but it was on back roads where 40 foot trucks had no business being so took an extra 2 hours

Still checked in now and waiting on first pint

Saw lots of birds and several kites, no one holding the string though

Onward in the morning, before the temp gets to high, showed 29 deg on the gauge today that’s probably the highest it ever wants to go

I am not a complete idiot -- some bits are missing not many
Fri Jul 06 2018 05:21 PM
kernowing
Rider

kernowing

Joined:
Oct 28 2012
Location:
Posts:
5279
Status:
Off Line
Good that you've arroved, shame about the diversion! Forecast is saying 22C max tomorrow--hopefully it's correct. Is Les OK? See you tomorrow :
to

Fri Jul 06 2018 05:35 PM
tanygaer
The Boss

tanygaer

Joined:
Mar 07 2011
Location:
Posts:
8924
Status:
Off Line


Les is fine, first longish ride she has done on the new stead which is great in traffic still returning 57.1 to the gallon

:mo

I am not a complete idiot -- some bits are missing not many
Mon Jul 09 2018 08:52 AM
tanygaer
The Boss

tanygaer

Joined:
Mar 07 2011
Location:
Posts:
8924
Status:
Off Line
What a fantastic weekend, glorious weather, although a little hot riding back yesterday 34 deg on the M5 around Weston super mare, and we where only doing 5 mph due to an accident (for 1.5 hours) so we did not come all the way home and had an extra night away, then up this morning and drove home i the cool.

:sun

Despite Lesley taking her camera, she did not take one photo, so we are reliant on Mr. Kerno to post some pictures for all to see.

Ray, you were missed, we had to do the onions ourselves please make a not in your diary for next year...

?//mw


I am not a complete idiot -- some bits are missing not many
Mon Jul 09 2018 04:47 PM
kernowing
Rider

kernowing

Joined:
Oct 28 2012
Location:
Posts:
5279
Status:
Off Line
Here's a couple of piccies, I tried to put the videos on but they're too big. Anyone can see them on my Faceache page and they have caused some merryment on Kilk Banter :rolfhttp://goldwingriders.co.uk/gallery/269/22502d0cab9647efbb9eb5e1b59561311531154648-8096.JPGhttp://goldwingriders.co.uk/gallery/269/f82698f623ef6d5ebad2f9f241d314a41531154635-2525.JPGhttp://goldwingriders.co.uk/gallery/269/1296106747429303a93bbdbd5841ba581531154642-0477.JPG


Tue Jul 10 2018 10:59 AM
oldfart
Rider

oldfart

Joined:
Nov 18 2012
Location:
Posts:
3344
Status:
Off Line
tanygaer wrote:

What a fantastic weekend, glorious weather, although a little hot riding back yesterday 34 deg on the M5 around Weston super mare, and we where only doing 5 mph due to an accident (for 1.5 hours) so we did not come all the way home and had an extra night away, then up this morning and drove home i the cool.

:sun

Despite Lesley taking her camera, she did not take one photo, so we are reliant on Mr. Kerno to post some pictures for all to see.

Ray, you were missed, we had to do the onions ourselves please make a not in your diary for next year...

?//mw



Glad you all had a great time. I will put said date[?] in my diary and will be there next year onions need a special touch:hs.Sounds like the Bike ran well.

Hope to see you in the not too distant future :th


Tue Jul 10 2018 11:01 AM
oldfart
Rider

oldfart

Joined:
Nov 18 2012
Location:
Posts:
3344
Status:
Off Line


Saw the vids on Facebook very funny.

Glad the weekend was successful.Take care both

Trip to a far flung part of the universe
Who Visited Today
2 Member(s) visited today
tanygaer, oldfart, 
Who is online currently
avatar
Currently there are 0 Members online and 72 Guests

Rider, Super Moderator, The Boss, 

The members online are :-